April 30, 2019
Christopher Simon Attorney at Law, located in Atlanta, GA is offering a $1000 scholarship to one incoming 1L or currently enrolled law school student. This scholarship is offered for the Fall 2018 academic semester. Eligible students must submit their applications by email to the following email address by due date. Late applications will not be considered.
- This scholarship will only be awarded to one incoming 1L or a currently enrolled Law Student
- Hold a 3.0 or higher overall GPA
- Must be a legal resident of the U.S.
For this application please include the following identifying information:
School Related Clubs & Activities:
Hobbies, Awards, Special Honors, etc:
- Please upload the PDF of your Unofficial Transcript
- Please upload your essay in a word doc or PDF.
You get a call from a lady in another state saying that her brother in Georgia has died as a result of a car accident and that she signed up with a lawyer who called her out of the blue and gave her a funeral loan to bury him as he was homeless. She signs the loan which is a loan against the case proceeds only. The funeral cost $15,000 and the loan has a $33,000 repayment.
The lady has fired the first lawyer and is hiring you. The decedent had no kids or spouse or living parents. He only has the sister and two brothers.
1) Can you accept the case from this lady out of state?
2) Who holds the wrongful death claim in Georgia and what needs to happen to bring the demand and get the $50,000 policy limits?
3) There is only $50,000 in insurance available and no private assets from the defendant; what are their legal options with regard to dealing with the advance loan against the case.