Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers and Wrongful Death Attorneys
Car accidents, wrongful death and on the job injury cases are the only kind of cases our lawyers handle. In Georgia, personal injury law includes car accidents, wrongful death, slip and falls, and other property related injuries.
Our Atlanta accident lawyers personally wrote every page on this site to answer your questions because we know that dealing with accident insurance claims is confusing and intimidating. To make matters worse, many lawyers in the field won't answer your question and are pushy.
If that's the kind of lawyer you want, we are not the Firm for you. If you want to get legal advice from an experienced law firm where you and your case will be treated with respect, read on.Our Philosophy
We wish we lived in a world where insurance companies recognized that it is good business to treat people fairly and to make just offers to settle without the involvement of lawyers. Instead the marching orders from on high are "be combative, stall and you will deter claims." On the other hand, cheesy TV lawyers that make insurance claims sound like a money making operation are just as bad and spoil the justice system for those who have truly suffered a loss. Our firm philosophy is direct;
- Tell you, the client, the good and the bad upfront so that all expectations are met;
- Provide outstanding customer service so you know what is happening with your case and why;
- Work swiftly, because time is money;
- Advise you, the client, of a realistic value of the case and a timeline for when that value can be achieved;
- Use all of our legal experience to destroy frivolous defenses put in place by insurance carriers;
- Get you a just verdict or settlement without resorting to underhanded business practices in claims handling.
It is our job to solve your problem and educate you about the insurance claims and litigation process. We want you asking smart questions so you know you are getting the right answer. Best of all the initial consultation is FREE and we only earn a fee if we settle or try your case to a verdict. There is no upfront cost to you.Why Should You Follow our Legal Advice?
Because we give no-nonsense legal guidance backed by over 34 years of combined trial experience by lawyers who used to work for insurance companies. All car accident lawyers are not the same. If you want to hire the best injury lawyers in Atlanta, you have to do your homework. Read on to learn why we will make a difference for your case.Recent Outstanding Results:
- $9,000,000 for two clients badly hurt in a tractor trailer accident
- $5,750,000 for a client badly injured in a tractor trailer accident
- $1,400,000 for a pedestrian client with a serious foot injury
- $1,500,000 for two clients involved in a passenger vehicle wreck
- $1,200,000 for a wrongful death case where the policy was only $1,000,000.
- $1,500,000 for a serious injury case
When you call the number above, you will speak directly with one of the firm's three Atlanta car accident lawyers. We have multiple office and accept cases all over Georgia. Understand that we are selective about the cases we accept and we will be candid with you about whether we are a good fit for each other. Most Atlanta car accident attorneys will just take any case that comes in the door, but that leads to a lawyer who is too busy to care about the client.Christopher Simon
- 20 Years of Injury and Wrongful Death Trial Experience
- Former Insurance Company Lawyer for: USAA, Liberty Mutual, Safeco, Great West and others
- Super Lawyers Selection 2009-2018
- Selected as a Top 100 Lawyer in Georgia by Super Lawyers every year from 2014-2018
- 8 Years of Trial Experience
- Former Insurance Company Lawyer for Trucking Companies
- 2018 Super Lawyer Rising Star
- 8 Years of Trial Experience
Car Accident Injury Cases in Georgia
Atlanta car accident attorneys are a dime a dozen and the difference between an excellent firm and an average one makes all the difference in your case results. Lawyers in this field generally charge the same amount , 33% if a case resolves before a lawsuit is filed and around 40% if the lawsuit is filed. There are some lawyers that will offer cheaper upfront rates, but the reality is you lose money when you work with low cost attorneys. They are cheap because no one else wants to hire them.
Many clients look at their medical bills and worry; after all the bills are paid and the lawyers are paid, will I keep anything?
To address this concern in smaller cases, we created our fee guarantee: Our firm will never make more in attorneys fees than our client gets to take home. Period. In 90% of our cases, our client is taking home such substantial sums that this is not an issue anyway, but it is good to have peace of mind.
Car accidents can occur in a bewildering variety of ways, but the most common are:
- Rear end collisions
- T-Bone Collisions
- Lane Change Collisions
- Head on Collisions
Each type of case is different and you will want the firm ordering the 911 call tapes to identify witnesses in the first two weeks because these tapes are deleted. If there is going to be a dispute over who caused the crash, then identifying eyewitnesses and securing any surveillance footage is critical. Below you will find continuing reading resources:What do You Want to Learn About?
- Car Accident Lawyer Dos and Don'ts
- Should You Give a Statement to the Insurance Company?
- Who is Supposed to be Paying Your Medical Bills?
- Do You Need an Accident Lawyer to Handle Your Case?
- How to Choose a Lawyer that Fits You
- How Much Does an Accident Attorney Cost?
- How to Read a Car Accident Report
- What is an Injury Case Worth?
- How Long Does it Take to Settle or Try a Case?
- After You Settle Your Case, Who Do You Have to Reimburse?
- Georgia Uninsured Motorist Insurance
- Herniated Disc Injuries
- Bicycle Accident Laws
- What is the Statute of Limitation in Georgia?
- Medical Liens
- Concussions and Post Concussion Syndrome
Suing Drunk Drivers
Our Atlanta injury lawyers specialize in suing drunk drivers that cause injury and death. While law enforcement has become tougher and now sentences are generally 5-8 years in DUI death cases, we believe that the civil punishment available in wrongful death and injury cases is an important component of the justice system. We are proud supporters of M.A.D.D. in Georgia.
Wrongful Death Cases
Our Georgia wrongful death attorneys have successfully handled a multitude of wrongful death cases involving vehicle wrecks, apartment pool drownings, shootings and hospital complications. Georgia has an excellent legal structure aimed at punishing the wrongdoer and providing justice for the family members. Please read our practice page dedicated to fatality cases for a more in-depth discussion.
Tractor Trailer and Truck Accidents
These types of cases are extremely complex because trucking is heavily regulated by the State and Federal authorities. When trucks cause accidents, the damage is often severe and evidence can disappear within days from the roadway. Our firm attorneys spent years working as defense attorneys for major trucking companies including: Werner, Schneider National and Swift and have an intimate knowledge and familiarity with litigation in the trucking industry.
The Firm has successfully handled cases against UPS, FedEx, Prime, R and L Carriers. Roehl Transportation and many others over the years. Most basic car accident lawyers simply are not experienced enough to handle these complex cases and they will lie about it to get your business. Ask deep, probing questions after reading our practice page on trucking cases and you will come to understand that an experienced trucking firm is the only way to go.
After you have educated yourself on your rights under the law, call us to discuss your options. Our Atlanta car accident lawyers will always offer a free consultation and if your case meets the firm's criteria for acceptance, the lawyers will meet with you personally and establish a binding time line and strategy for handling your case.